Learn all about Medicinal Herbs
- Growing them
- The chemicals found in different species
- What those chemicals do in the human body
If you are curious about using herbs for medicinal purposes, the Medicinal Herbs short course will provide you with a great place to start. This self-guided course leads you through the different chemical components that herbs contain and their effects on the human body.
This self guided course covers the following areas- getting to know medicinal herbs, the chemicals in medicinal herbs and their effect on the human body, the different ways in which herbs are used for medicinal purposes, a guide of over 50 herbs and different ways in which you can find work or make business opportunities using medicinal herbs.
There are optional activities that you can complete along the way to learn more about the topic, including both practical and research activities.
The Following Lessons are covered in this course:
- Scope and Nature of Medicinal Herbs
- Chemicals that are found in Herbs and Effects on the Human Body
- Ways Herbs are Used in Medicines
- Methods of Preparing Herbs for Medicinal Use
- A Review of over 50 plant species; covering appearance, culture, chemistry, medicinal properties and uses.
- Working with Medicinal Herbs
An ideal learning experience for anyone seeking to better understand medicinal herbs.
- 20+hour, self paced course;
- Fully online
- Optional, very practical set tasks throughout
- Automated self assessment tests
- Certificate of Completion on achieving a 60% pass rate on a final assessment